Videogames are an increasing source of piles of money, and Games Workshop has been "there" since long with all kind of games from their IPs, specially Warhammer Fantasy and 40k.
But lately, with yet another game announcement for Warhammer 40,000, it looks as a overflow of grim darkness ones while the fantasy worlds are left out. Let's recap all recently announced and released games:
- Space Hulk: 2009's limited edition boardgame edition computer version, just released few weeks ago.
- Warhammer 40,000 Eternal Crusade: MMO with strong PvP focus in development, scheduled for 2015. 3rd person battles between a few races, in theory could extend to all available ones with time in expansions.
- Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon: Turn based strategy game. Imperial Guard + Space Marines vs Orks in the 2nd Battle for Armageddon setting. Probably for 2014.
- "A Warhammer 40k game": Unspecified side-scrolling action game for smartphones and tablets. Not many details yet.
- Warhammer 40,000 Space Wolf: A digital collectible card game about Space Wolves vs Chaos Space Marines and Necrons. In 2014.
- Space Hulk: Deathwing: First Person Shooter depicting the famous Dark Angels chapter Deathwing company. You will control a single marine or librarian (I hope the CPU controls the rest or will be really weird "a one man army"). In 2014.
UPDATE: Teaser video available.
Whoa, that's 6 games in the same setting... compare it with just one recent game for each of their active IPs (Blood Bowl, WHFB and Talisman) in the last months or even years, and you can clearly see where the trend goes...
But at least we will have plenty of options to choose from when not having our 40k minis at hand!
Categories: Warhammer 40000 Videogames